11 January 2014

PS

Now I can't even comment on my own blog!

Thank you, Emerging Writer for your useful comments. The only way I can reply to you is to write a new post. I have done a bit of Googling since and find I am not alone and also that it may be a problem for many people who use Blogger.

I use Chrome. I have just tried to download Internet Explorer which seems to have disappeared from my PC but I can't find a version to download that's compatible with Windows XP. Sigh.

Basically, I have enough trouble with real-life problems without adding more at the moment. As I've said before, it's hardly important - just mildly irritating,

I could easily end up one of those people who opt out of the 20th, let alone the 21st, century, At present, it's looking very appealing! I might even wear a bustle.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sally. It's very frustrating. You could try

    If you have 'Block third-party cookies and site data' checked in chrome://settings/content , uncheck it and try to comment again.

    I know I had the problem but I can't remember how I fixed it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a time a couple of years ago when a Blogger bug meant you couldn't post comments. It affected me. Can't remember how it got resolved but will have a dig around and see if I can help.

    Also, though you won't want to hear this, I would strongly suggest upgrading from XP. It goes out of support in a few months. That means that Microsoft won't send any more automatic updates for it, or block any new loopholes that viruses exploit. You will become vulnerable to viruses and hackers.
    Windows 8 is the current operating system but takes a lot of getting used to. If you can find a new laptop with Windows 7 at a good price then snap it up. W7 is excellent and easy to use when you're used to XP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done a bit of googling. It does look like it is to do with cookie/security settings in Chrome as EM suggests.
    Alternatively try using Firefox which some people who had this problem on Chrome switched to successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, EM and WW. This is an experiment. I am now on my blog via Firefox. Let's see if I can leave this comment. Here goes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! Now let's see if I can find out why. Then again, who cares?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back to your own blog, Sally!

      Delete